Thursday, January 3, 2013

More Christmas Fun

In the last post, we mentioned only a small number of the Christmas activities our family does each year. There are actually quite a few more that we didn't tell you about, so I would like to show you some more. 

 
About five years ago my sister (Rebekah) and I (Esther), decided we would sew a stuffed toy for each of our younger siblings. We had just started sewing and thought this would be a fun challenge to advance our sewing skills. Well, it turned out to be so much fun that we decided to do this every year. When we first started we only had five stuffed toys to make for our five younger siblings; this year we made seven stuffed toys for our seven brothers and sisters. God has helped us progress to such a significant level of stuffed-toy-making, that we are actually hoping to be able to sell some toys and maybe even start a small business in the near future.


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share pictures of some of the toys we’ve made. By the way, I‘m planning on, Lord willing, showing you some tutorials on stuffed-animal-making—this will hopefully be soon, but I’m not giving any promises as it tends to get pretty busy around here.








 These are pictures from some of last years and this years gifts. If I find any from the previous years I might post them here.

Well, bye for now.