Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday Sewing: How to Enlarge a Baby's Headband

Posted by: Esther

Today I'm going to show you a quick and easy way of making a baby's headband larger. My mom bought these cute headbands for my baby sister, the only problem was they were to tight around her head. Since I didn't want my mom to return them, I decided to make them larger.


                                      Below is a picture of the headband I used. 


                                        Cut across the back of the headband.


Measure your baby's head, and cut a piece of elastic or stretchy knit fabric for the back. Make sure you make the elastic about a 1/2 to 1 centimeter larger than you need--this is for seam allowance.


                                   Attach your elastic to the back of the headband
 
  
Now your done! wasn't that easy?


Here are some pictures of my baby sister wearing her new headband.