Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday Sewing: Ugly Blouse to Pretty Skirt

Posted by: Esther
                   

Today I'm going to show you how I turned a large blouse (it actually kind of looks like a dress) into a skirt. 

I found this blouse in our garage, and since I knew no one would miss it, I decided to put in my project pile. I knew it could easily be turned into something pretty, so I immediately started cutting it up.


I began by cutting off the sleeves and some of the top (I made sure to save as much fabric as possible).


Next, I marked the sides where I wanted to bring it in, and stitched over the marks.



Then, I made a casing and inserted some elastic.


Well, I could have left it like this, but I wanted to do something more to it.

  
I decided to decorate it a bit by sewing some lace ruffles underneath, and pinning a bow on the front.
It actually turned out nicer than I expected.